Follow The Yellow Brick Road...
|Fusion Forecaster Evan S. would like to see you and your family this Friday in Denton, MD. |
Just 2 hours from Baltimore, you'll feel like you're in another world (click heels three times!)
2:15 PM EDT 8/13 - Ready to follow us down the yellow brick road? This Friday, it will lead you to good weather and family fun for moms, dads and Munchkins alike at the SummerFest in Caroline County on the pastoral paths of Maryland's middle Eastern shore. Our Fusion Forecaster Joey K. and Advisor Foot co-wrote this special "Fusion Forecast" to promote our official partnership with the Caroline County, MD Department of Emergency Services. Our team will be on-site in historic Denton, MD this Friday through Saturday. Our booth will showcase weather fun for the whole family, decision services for the event organizers, and time to meet and greet YOU! Read on for details of this nearly 25-year tradition!
- TODAY: In central Maryland, we are enjoying sapphire blue skies with harmless cumulus clouds are overhead with temperatures around 90°. Humidity levels are moderate and winds remain light.
- TONIGHT: A classic summer night! Auntie Em would love it. Clear to partly cloudy and with temperatures in the low 70s. Light SSE winds.
- LOOKING AHEAD: The chance for thunderstorms arrives again on Tuesday, and as Forecaster Jason noted earlier, some may be strong to severe. Better keep Toto inside for this one. After another day of temperatures around 90, but cooler temperatures for Wednesday in the mid 80s. That'll last through end of the week along with minimal chances of precip until Friday night.
SKIP DOWN TO THE SUMMERFEST: This Friday and Saturday, our team in The Bayshore Zone would be delighted to see you at the 24th Annual Caroline County SummerFest in historic downtown Denton, MD. Bring your ruby slippers and an imagination for all things OZ, the theme of this year's fest. There's plenty to see behind this curtain! Our team will be:
- Conducting live, hands-on experiments and team building games for kids;
- On-site decision support (we worry about weather, so you don't have too!)
- Exclusive inside look at the 2012-2013 Winter Forecast
- Education and career-building opportunities for high school students.