Weather Trick Wednesday
11:30 AM 8/15 (Surf & Sail Crew) In advance of the Pantech USA's Dew Tour Skate and Surf Competition in Ocean City, Maryland this week, our Surf & Sail Crew along with our Severe Weather Team is providing readers with our official public forecasts for this event in the Surf & Sail | Mid-Atlantic Shore page on Facebook. Here is the crew's report from this morning on the Severe Weather potential in that area:
- STORM THREAT: Strong to severe storms are likely anytime after 3 PM today along the Mid-Atlantic coast.
- WHAT NOAA SAYS: The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a 30% wind risk for later today as noted in this current Convective Outlook graphic
- HAZARDS: Winds could easily reach 40-60 mph and rain may reach or exceed 1".
- TIMING: Storms may arrive as early as 2 PM and a second round between 4-6 PM is likely to be significant for much of the Eastern shore of MD and DE into eastern VA.
- CONCERNS: To assure adequate notice to the public on the boardwalk, for event planners, construction crews, public safety folks and local businesses setting up for Thursday.
For additional decision support information, we can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter: @FFsurfsail