"I can't stop the rain..."
- Tina Turner
8:00 PM EDT 8/25/12 (Tropical Advisor Ed Q.) Tropical Storm Isaac still has winds of 60 MPH with higher gusts and continues moving Northwest at 20 MPH. On satellite imagery Isaac is becoming better organized since over open water. The storm appears to be attempting to form an Eye. Isaac is expected to strengthen as he continues tracking northwest into the warmer waters of the Gulf of Mexico. What we know:
- Currently located at 21.7 North 76.7 West or about 130 Miles East-Northeast of Canaguey Cuba and 375 Miles East-southeast of Key West Florida.
- Central pressure still 997 MB. Expected to be or near Hurricane strength upon reaching Florida Keys on Sunday.
- Tropical Storm Winds extend outward 205 miles from Isaac's Center.
WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
- A Hurricane 'Warning' is in effect for the Florida Keys, Dry Tortunas, the West coast of FL from Bonita Beach Southward to Ocean Reef.
- A Hurricane 'Watch' is in effect for the FL East coast from Golden Beach Southward to Ocean Reef Andros Island in the Bahamas.